Pages

Friday 24 July 2009

On The Issue Of Politicising

People go to strange lengths for comic relief. I read the NST. (On occasion, not all the time. Even *I'm* not that perverted.)

And there was one particular "letter" from a supposed reader that made me shake my head with disbelief:

TEOH BENG HOCK’S DEATH: Games for politicians

I don't know who this dude is - if he really exists or has been planted as an agent provocateur.

Now some of you may have read Haris Ibrahim's piece on politicising Beng Hock's death and the subsequent rebuttal by Nathaniel Tan.

At some point, while this incident has certainly been in Pakatan Rakyat's favour, we must admit that Teoh Beng Hock was a political aide - he was neck deep in politics.

And those who are angry and call for justice are his personal friends, colleagues and comrades.

I personally have met Ronnie Liu - the "senior Selangor exco member from Pakatan Rakyat who "barged into the offices of the MACC" and "screamed at the security guards, banging on doors with his fists".

Ronnie Liu is passionate and caring. I can understand why he acted such. Heck, if I had a friend or colleague treated that way by anyone, I'd do more than barge into offices and scream at stupid security guards. Trust me.

The MACC should have allowed Teoh's family to see his body with the presence of their lawyer. But MACC refused, for reasons they refused to divulge.

Everyone knew there was foul play going on and if they weren't incensed about that, I honestly don't know what's wrong with them.

I hope this CALVIN SANKARAN of Bukit Mertajam doesn't exist. But if he does, I hope there are no more like him.

9 comments:

Donplaypuks® said...

Never mind the politics. Why did th epolice not seal off MACC premises in Plaza Masalam from day 1 of TBH's death?

Is this professional, world class conduct and investigative technique?

bayi said...

Many things have been said about the issue of Beng Hock's death and more will be said.

I don't profess to speak for everyone but my heart is utterly saddened by the insincere gestures of the parties related to BN. It'sso obvious that they are just trying to cover their exposed backsides.

Unknown said...

A quick Google of CALVIN SANKARAN reveals a few more articles written under the same name, one even going back to 2008. All the articles appeared on NST and The Sun, all subtlety whacking Pakatan MPs and supporters.

I actually feel Teoh's case is not being politicised enough. Yes, that's right. I actually feel its not being politicised enough. Here's a case of an opposition party worker killed by a government-linked commission. Isn't this conspiring enough?

Teoh didn't die as a result of a car accident. Teoh didn't die as a result of cancer or heart attack. Teoh didn't die as a result of a crime.

He died in the hands of government thugs!! What else do we expect from his colleagues? Should they keep quiet and accept his death as a natural one?

Like I said, the opposition leaders aren't politicising the death of a commoner. Teoh was killed at MACC, which works for the government, and that warrants civil uprising.

sinkeh said...

What BN actually means is - Opposition should not politicise TBH's death but it's ok if BN-related parties want to justify his death!

What a sham!

Anonymous said...

pakatan rakyat and barisan nasional,dua-dua sama jugak!

Crankster said...

Naga, good work on googling Calvin Sankaran. I didn't think of doing that myself.

Obviously he is a BN plant.

I'm quite impressed by your views on the TBH issue. You have rather valid points.

Pat said...

I think Naga's made some very valid points, indeed. Time we put our thinking caps on, chappies.

Donplaypuks® said...

Bro, please check this out and get your friends to highlight this in their blogs:

The very 1st invoice at T4TBH http://www.t4tbh.blogspot.com/ is a fake.

$1,800 (less 5%) should be -$90 = $1,710. Instead it is written as %1,800 (less 5%) – $180 = $1,620!!??

Bernie Madhoff school of Maths, Finance and Projects? Ha, ha, ha, ha!

Only fools will believe this guy who can't add 2 + 2!

T4TBH - fake of the century!! Muahaha!

sinkeh said...

donplaypuks® and naga

Way to go, guys! Aisehman also has other points to prove the lies in T4TBH blog.