To mark the end of 2011 and the inception of the 2012 New Year, we are calling ALL to Occupy Dataran Merdeka with us on December 31st, 2011, at 11pm.
This will be a participatory MASS FLASHMOB, symbolically expressing our common indignation against the many injustices and anti-democratic events that happened in Malaysia in 2011, in contrast to the positive significance of 2011 for the rest of the world.
We want to collectively say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH; TIME FOR REAL DEMOCRACY NOW, in 2012!
The objectives for this CALL TO ACTION ON DECEMBER 31st are:
1) To reclaim our public spaces and reclaim Dataran Merdeka as an open and democratic space for all peoples to assemble freely and peacefully;
2) To defend and reclaim the fundamental right to assemble peacefully, protest and to occupy our public spaces;
3) To protest against the Peaceful Assembly Bill 2011;
4) To show solidarity with all those who have suffered injustices and violation of their basic rights in 2011;
5) To show our resolve in making 2012 the year of real democratic changes in Malaysia, in all aspects, political, social and economic.