Pages

Wednesday 25 July 2018

Event This Weekend On Malayan Emergency

Just a quick heads up, Gerak Budaya are hosting an event this weekend that's always been very intriguing for me: A People’s History of the Malayan Emergency.

Date: 27 - 29 July 2018
Time: A fair bit of the day
Venue: KL & Selangor Chinese Assembly Hall

Entry is free.

More details on Facebook.

Hats off to those of you who attend every single programme, but I think I am going to pick just a few.

The obvious question that has been bandied about is should we rewrite our textbooks -- what we glean from this will help us make an informed decision.

See you there!

2 comments:

Phua Kai Lit said...

MCP helped to speed up Malayan independence. The British handed over political
power to conservatives of the UMNO-MCA-MIC Alliance in 1957.

But we democrats should not follow the local hard Left and glamourise them (especially the
top MCP cadres ).

Crankster said...

I agree there is no point in glamourising them as they had their faults too; one of them being that they stopped a train from Singapore to KL, lined up some choice passengers in a row and had them shot. One of them was my grandfather. My mother was just over one year old when that happened.

But I think we need to know the facts, our history and be able to analyse the situation for ourselves.