Pages

Monday 12 March 2007

"Women Bloggers Are LIARS!"


Life is funky back here in good ole Kuala Lumpur where a beloved minister provokes the wrath of Malaysian bloggers by saying:

"Bloggers are liars. They use all sort of ways to cheat others. From what I know, out of 10,000 unemployed bloggers, 8,000 are women."

Bless his little black heart.

As of now, we have more male political bloggers in Malaysia than female, so why would he accuse the women of it? In fact, most of the women I know blog about personal issues, not political.

I think he actually thought he could intimidate Malaysian men into giving up their blogging habits for fear of being associated with [gasp] women!

Turns out it backfired.

Big time.

Firstly, his timing was way off. He chose to make those remarks on the International Women's Day.

Secondly, Malaysian men are beyond the "Oh-you're-so-girly" insults. I'm pleasantly surprised to note that they're confident of themselves and protective of their women. Hell, they came out in full force and "whupped ass"!

To the Malaysian blogger boys out there: I LOVE YA!!

But I save the best for last. :) More from Mr Foot-in-Mouth:

"Bloggers like to spread rumours, they don’t like national unity. Today our country has achievements because we are tolerant and compromising. Otherwise we will have civil war.

"Malays will kill Chinese, Chinese will kill Malays, Indians will kill everybody else."


Always nice to know that we Indians are highly regarded in society.

However, it's a conspiracy, I'm telling ya - and guess what? The Malay Male agrees with me!! :) He also expounds his theory on why women don't have time to surf the net.

Meanwhile, I'm still wondering how these idiots got elected to the government.

No comments: