Pages

Sunday 1 April 2007

ACA D-G Contract NOT Renewed

I just love it when the bad guys, especially those in disgrace, try to leave the scene in a blaze of glory.

The latest of them is the Anti-Corruption Agency director-general.

Datuk Seri Zulkipli Mat Noor has purportedly 'accepted the Government’s decision' not to renew his contract, saying 'other candidates should be given the chance to lead the body more effectively'.

That's a fine way of putting it.

His next quote deserves to be preserved in a block for posterity.

“I accept the decision in good faith. I have conducted my responsibility as director-general to my level best.”
Dear God. His level best?

This coming from the guy who is being investigated by the police for alleged corrupt practises and abuse of power?

The guy who is supposed to PREVENT and EXTERMINATE corruption??

Malaysia, I truly weep for thee.

Related:
(Breaking News) ACA chief contract not renewed - Elizabeth Wong
ACA D-G Zulkipli Mat Noor’s contract won’t be renewed - Malaysia Today

No comments: