Pages

Tuesday 15 July 2008

The Whole Two Years

Everyone and his dog has blogged about Pak Lah's announcement of abdicating the throne to make way for Najib in two years' time.

That, my friends, is a very long time indeed.

Forget about the fact that our system is technically a democracy (though some would very fiercely disagree with me), and that we head for the ballot boxes - to choose our elected representatives and consequently, the Number One man - about once in every five years.

Pak Lah has certainly forgotten about that.

Really, I don't know if I can bear this man for 5 minutes longer.

This is the incompetent fool who claimed that the roadblocks were put into place to reduce hindrances and traffic jams.

To those of you who were caught in those awful, massive traffic jams on your way to work, combusting copious amounts of RM2.70/litre worth of petrol, be informed: those roadblocks were to ensure that "disturbances" would not occur.

To those of you who witnessed the heavy police presence, you may be forgiven for thinking that the Gestapo had collaborated with the Hamas to take over Kuala Lumpur city.

Not quite. It was merely in anticipation of protests ahead of a motion of no confidence in the PM. And to keep Anwar Ibrahim off a 5km radius of the Parliament.

My mother was impressed. "Is the government really *that* afraid of Anwar?" she asked.

Possibly terrified. Possibly not.

But you can probably anticipate what's going to happen within these next two years.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should give Pak Lah a chance lah. It's not easy to be Ali Baba among the Unmo thieves. It took Dr M 18 years to ruin the country, it will take even more to get it back on its feet. Pak Lah's too much a pushover to be an effective leader. I hope the breathing space in the next two years will bring out the leadership in him. Even if he failed, I would still have more respect for him than Anwar, the conman who's trying to exchange old lamps for new. Rox

Anonymous said...

Oops! New lamps for old. And apropos of Anwar, it's an observation and not a judgement. Rox

Crankster said...

I assure you, Pak Lah is taking his share of the loot.

Unfortunately, I can't see who would be suitable enough to take over. Certainly not Najib.

And I'm not superfond of ummm.. other options as well.

Anonymous said...

All people in power become thieves sooner or later, crankshaft. Even Lee Kuan Yew is corrupt although he claims otherwise.

What's a plane and two yachts? A mansion here and there? A few companies? Some easy jobs for family and friends? That's the reality of politics. With power, privileges are expected.

We must be "thankful" for lesser ones who don't stash away zillions in Switzerland! I'm talking about most of those African heads of state. Their greed for immense sums ruined Africa. (You should visit that awe-inspiring place before it becomes impossible to visit.)

And Anwar is paid by someone to take over the country so that it won't become too islamatised.

I'm not against that but one thing you can be sure of is Anwar betraying the non-Malays once he becomes PM to stay in power. You can't trust that man. Rox

Crankster said...

See, I don't want to succumb to reality. I want to remain an idealist. I never want to settle for less than I deserve.

And I think I deserve a good government, so I'm willing to fight for it.

Personally, I think what Malaysia needs is a complete overhaul of government. And when I say that, I don't mean a bunch of ex-UMNO defecting over to PKR or such.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that you are willing to fight so that I can return home and live safely by the sea, make friends and "influence" people to use their brains! ;)

I'll like to make you a piƱa colada when the day comes.

People shouldn't be intimidated by me. As long as they have sound reasoning backing their arguments on things they are passionate about, I'll try not to call them stupid. Haha. Rox

Crankster said...

I doubt sound reasoning is anything I can be accused of, but I rarely get intimidated, even in the eye of my stupidity. :)

Anonymous said...

Aiyoh, it's not you I'm referring to lah! If I think you stupid, I won't be reading you. It will be a waste of the time I don't have. :) Rox