Pages

Saturday 13 December 2008

Think Before You Attempt Burglary

This was too bizarre to ignore.

Malaysia burglar stuck for 3 days in haunted house

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) — A news report says a burglar who broke into a house claims he was held captive by a "supernatural figure" for three days without food and water.

Police official Abdul Marlik Hakim Johar told The Star newspaper the house's owners found the 36-year-old man fatigued and dehydrated when they returned from vacation Thursday.

He says they called an ambulance to take him to a hospital.

The man told police that every time he tried to escape, a "supernatural figure" shoved him to the ground.

Abdul Marlik could not immediately be reached and other police officials declined to comment.

I call it divine retribution.

6 comments:

Pat said...

I like this one!

Man, I'll bet that's one reformed burglar! Hehehehe

Pat

Crankster said...

Reformed and rehabilitated. He'll never commit another crime in his life. I love me some supernatural figure. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Crankster,

Yes, I am sure he has turned over a new leaf. You are quite an imaginative person cos the article now has added meaning with your 'figure' from beyond :-).

cheers

Starmandala said...

Too bad the report left out the house owner's name & location. Maybe he's a big-time bomoh with his own guardian spirits? Beats burglar alarms & CCTVs, that's for sure! :-)

Crankster said...

Masterwordsmith, before I left my previous company, I was trying to get my colleagues to give me a comprehensive tutorial on various Malaysian supernaturals.

I think the one featured might be a pontianak. Apparently they are the ones that go after naughty men.

Antares, it could be that the house owner is a big-time bomoh. But it's also entirely possible that this dude got caught up in his own guilt and imagined the whole thing.

You'd be surprised what the mentally ill are capable of. My mom used to work in the psychiatric unit and the stories some of her patients came up with...

Though it would be a diss on technology if guardian spirits were more effective in preventing crime. :)

zewt said...

ahahahaha... this truly tickles me...