Pages

Friday 30 October 2009

We Need A Zombie Walk

Don't say the Australians aren't creative. To raise money for the Brain Foundation, over thousands participated in a 'Zombie Walk' in Brisbane.

I felt a smile creep over my face as I read various news articles and browsed through some of the pictures.

And then I realised a Zombie Walk couldn't be more relevant to us Malaysians, because if you think about it, we Malaysians are walking zombies after all.


Our minds have been taken over by continuous brain-washing by the mainstream media. In schools, children are taught not to question history - like the infamous May 13 incident, for instance.

Even as adults, we're threatened with bloodshed if certain 'sensitive' issues like race and religion are brought up.

Consequently, our rights to freedom of expression have been hijacked. The government sprays chemical-laced water and fires tear gas at those who dare voice their dissatisfaction.

Heck, the Malaysian police even beat bloody those they can get their hands on.


So most Malaysians opt to remain as zombies even if some inquisitively attempt to push boundaries.

Perhaps I don't even have to remind you that regardless of whether we protest our ill-treatment or not at the hands of the government, our throats are perpetually being slashed by the blatant corruption that is so rampant in this country.


We're hounded by the LHDN to pay up our taxes, only for all that money to be bled steadily into someone's pocket.

I don't know about you, but my breath is sucked out of me when I hear a computer costs RM43,000 to purchase, according to the Malaysian government.

So many questions are begging answers. Why did Altantuya die? How did Teoh Beng Hock die? Who killed Nurin Jazlin? Where is Sharlinie?

Disturbingly, a lot of them have to do with death.


Unfortunately the dead don't talk, so even if we sacrifice a limb or two to ask those questions, we'll never get any answers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"We Need A Zombie Walk"

Don't even think about it!! Haven't you heard that "they" are trying to ban horror movie??!!

Donplaypuks® said...

No! A Zombie Walk against the Govt might be unfair to some Zombies.

They might be dead on their feet or not have a leg to stand on in a lawsuit by the Govt!!

dpp
We are all of 1 race, the Human Race

ps quick riddle:

What did the Zombie eat after he had his tooth pulled out?

The dentist!

Crankster said...

LOL!

I was being tongue in cheek, guys. Honestly speaking even I wouldn't smear myself with paint to look like a zombie.

Call me a spoilsport, but I think that's where I draw the line. Besides, while I see the humour with having a zombie walk in Brisbane, there'd be heaps who'd just not see the light side of it.

And yes DPP, you have a point. The zombie garb would make people sitting ducks for the government to abuse them.

Anonymous said...

zombi ni tahyul la. cerita karut takutkan budak.

nak buat jalan-jalan zombi? silap2 kamu kena tetak orang sangka hantu.