Pages

Monday 14 February 2011

This Is What's Wrong With Malaysians

I was browsing through Malaysiakini when I saw this comment by an anonymous commenter (and yes, I would welcome anonymity if I regularly made stupid comments like he/she does):


"What have you all done to help your own countrymen?" he asks.

I wonder if he is referring to the citizens of India or to Malaysians of Indian ethnicity.

If it was intended for the former, he is using the wrong channels as Indians don't generally read Malaysian news sites.

However, I suspect he was referring to the latter, in which case he completely misses the point that as Malaysians, ethnicity should be of no significance when it comes to championing the rights of the downtrodden.

I ask him in return: What have you done to help your own countrymen?

5 comments:

Joshua Lopez said...

Good One Crankster! Hahahahahahaha! This is the bloody problem with Indians who still speak as tho they just arrived from India! The Indian's top the list of this brand of utter stupidity but the other races too do the same thing.

As PM David Cameron put it recently, we must move on from Multiculturalism to NATIONALISM! Something that most Malaysians fail to understand.

Crankster said...

Yes, and that's why I have issues with HINDRAF fighting only for Indian rights when it should be for Malaysian rights.

That being said, I still think they have a cause.

Joshua Lopez said...

HINDRAF & MAKKAL SAKTHI may have fought in such a way because they felt that the pending issues of their concern were relating to Hindus. However, i personally found their exsistence to be a racist one.

zewt said...

he has done plenty... by commenting as anonymous...

just like so many other ppl who condemned me in my blog for leaving the country... they too commented as anonymous.

i wonder what have they done when they say they stay and fight.

Crankster said...

Zewt - Some think that their vote will make a huge difference. I've become increasingly skeptical on that issue.

Only a few months ago, we had our banci taken. I know the purpose for that - they are planning on delineation of the constituencies to suit their needs.

In an ideal world, every vote makes a difference. In Malaysia, only hope springs eternal. But again, no one expected GE12 to be so spectacular! So here's to making the best of what we have.

I won't condemn you on your move. You could have stayed and lived among stupid people who are too afraid to take to the streets. Then you could have potentially ruined your life.