Pages

Tuesday 20 March 2007

War On Terror? Please.

It's the 4th anniversary of the U.S. invasion of Iraq.

I was completely oblivious to that fact until Dav of Evil Bobby fame pointed out some atrocities on the blogosphere by the name of "Blogs For Bush".

At first, I figured it was just some lame satire.

Unfortunately, there is obviously a very misguided (and I'm being generous here) individual out there called Mark Noonan who actually believes that the war in Iraq is justified.

It puzzles him that Gandhi, for all his anti-violence stance is revered worldwide. Apparently Gandhi is but a mere humbug.

Note to Mark Noonan: If you're going to refer to any names, learn how to spell them first. It's Gandhi, not Ghandi. Since I'm sure you're being paid handsomely by Bush, perhaps you should take some classes, beginning with Spelling and then perhaps move on to History.

But I digress.

I am simply irked to no end by this notion of morality. Mark Noonan claims:

Be that as it may, I believe that I have a moral obligation to prevent someone, unprovoked, from striking someone else. In other words, whack me across the face to your heart's content, but as soon as you try to strike the man next to me, you'll find me standing in your way, fighting in defense of your target.

Your naivete amazes me. In defense?

To begin with, all your sophisticated systems couldn't track down Osama bin Laden, who claimed responsibility for the 911 attack.

Instead of focusing on the real terrorists and issues/policies which led to it, your government licks its wounds and proceeds to attack Iraq, which had NO weapons of destruction. The invasion was illegal and based on false pretenses.

And that's called defense?

We cannot ever allow, if we can possibly prevent it, an unprovoked attack upon another human being - however hard it might be, we must prevent such attacks..

Really? You could have begun by preventing that completely unprovoked attack on Iraq, which until NOW has NEVER been justified.

Except for the oil, of course.

..and deter people in the future from even trying such attacks.

Good God. This is bordering on slapstick.

Pray, you are NOT preventing any attack. You're merely justifying another. Of course you're advertising for new recruits too, but don't mind me.

Look. Let's stop pussy-footing.

This is in no way a war on terror, okay?

The U.S. government has not even made a half-ass attempt to establish a decent government in Iraq.

Your troops are getting killed off in Iraq. And the average American citizen is tired of sacrificing human lives and paying for the GINORMOUS cost of the war.

As for the terrorists, they have already won.

The American population is smaller than the Middle East. It is not as dispensable either - from what I gather, most Americans value life (or at least they don't buy the notion of getting virgins in heaven for wiping out people). Today, Americans live in constant fear of attack.

On the other hand, the Middle Easterners have relatively high birthrates. They believe 'God giveth and God taketh away'. Hell, they are more than willing to indulge in their 'holy war' and become suicide bombers.

Because of this illegal invasion of Iraq, many of those who were previously opposed to the terrorists are now siding with them.

Once upon a time, I believed that Saddam Hussein should be removed. Frankly, he was a nefarious creep.

So I supported this war.

Of course, as a Malaysian, I could support the war for all I wanted.

Firstly, no loved one of mine was going to be involved. And secondly, I don't pay tax to the U.S. government to fund this war.

I've wised up since on the issue of war and violence. And for some reason, I care about people who live on the other side of the world. A pity the same can't be said for the Bush administration.

Today, it's ironic that more casualties have resulted from the American invasion than in the entire reign of Saddam Hussein.

It's such a shame. Most of the Americans I know are incredibly lovely people. They're witty, smart and fun to be with.

But the terrorist scum don't know that. They believe it is their solemn duty to exterminate as many Americans as possible because "every American is out to INVADE and PILLAGE".

Such a fallacy is perpetuated by your government, Mark Noonan, and the president you blog for.

No comments: