Pages

Monday 4 August 2008

Malaysian Women In The UK

I was on the verge of throwing a hissy fit upon hearing that Malaysians could possibly require a visa to travel in the UK.


Perhaps I am presumptuous. Perhaps I consider it my birthright as a citizen of a Commonwealth country that I should freely roam the United Kingdom.

But now I'm beginning to understand why Malaysians, especially the women, have been raising severe eyebrows with our small but very much felt, presence.

We seem to have created a niche for ourselves in the world's oldest profession.

First we had good ole Sufiah Yusof. The government was falling all over itself to offer her a scholarship for her prodigious talents.

Except she appeared to have not just talent for math but for tricking herself out.

The government, true to itself, launched a programme to "save" her from her 23-year-old self, but like all other BN-government-related projects, it ended in dismal failure.

You'd think we Malaysians by then, had enough exposure (pun intended) with her highly advertised gig as Shilpa Lee (though I concede she wasn't all that hazardous to health)?

Nope. True to Malaysia-Boleh proportions (that is - C4, Sodomy and Judge-Fixing heights) we have another gem in the form of 22-year-old Noor Azura Mohd-Yusoff.

Now this female, renown not only for being a Malaysian prostitute, has the dubious distinction for brutality and savagery in dealing with other women who have the misfortune of messing with her boyfriend.

Perhaps she didn't have access to C4 explosives as some other notable Malaysians do, but it did not deter her one bit. Her victim was stabbed twice in the neck and decapitated whilst still alive, before being disposed of in a plastic bin liner.

I'm beginning to wonder if I should steer clear of women in their early twenties with 'Yusof' (and variations of it) in their last name. I would love to live for a little longer, if it's not too much trouble.

I can understand perfectly well why the British would reconsider before having any of us in the country.

And why not? We sure as hell have one heck of a reputation.

Malaysians are dangerous.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's why I avoid getting too familiar with Malaysians here. Singles okay, but not those in relationships. The women can be very jealous if they think you're stealing their men - even pot-bellied ones, whom I won't look at twice. I'm flirty but that's all for good fun but they don't understand that!

tzarina said...

I am a Msian woman in the UK. A woman who is pissed of that my parents would have to get visa to be able to visit me! grrrrrrr........

Crankster said...

Rox, I once sat on a 13-hour flight on MAS. I had the misfortune of sitting next to this chap whose girlfriend was a flight attendant on that very trip.

The biggest mistake was engaging in conversation with him. I figured if we were going to while away some very long, cramped hours, we might as well do it pleasantly.

I did find it a little peculiar that the flight attendant was paying extra attention to us, but shooting me these nasty looks.

After about 11 of these frequent trips, my fellow passenger admitted she was his girlfriend.

Even when we were claiming our luggage, she called him to check if he was planning to abscond with me. :)

Gotta love these jealous chicks.

Crankster said...

Tzarina, that sucks. :(
How long will you be there?

Anonymous said...

Crankster, you were lucky you didn't end up in a shopping bag, heh!

Crankster said...

In hindsight, very lucky indeed.