Pages

Wednesday 18 November 2009

When It Comes To Corruption, Malaysia Boleh!

As I sat in my car drearily watching the line ahead of me snake towards the traffic lights, a fake, chirpy voice announced that we had dropped in the corruption index.

"Unbelievable," I muttered to myself as the lights turned. Could we possibly be less corrupt than we were last year?

It turns out that it was just an attempt to fool the Malaysian public as usual, by insinuating we had improved instead of regressing.

“A fall of 0.6 from 5.1 in 2008 to 4.5 in 2009 is alarming not only to the people of Malaysia but also the government of the day,” said Datuk Paul Low, the country president of the local branch of TI.

Let's not even consider Singapore's lofty position. It's too embarrassing.

Related: A Sinking Corrupt Nation

7 comments:

Antares said...

You listen to the radio while driving? Get an mp3 player, Cranky!

zewt said...

this is nothing... a few weeks ago, the morning crew was trying to justify the "malaysia is the most affordable country" by comparing the price of a roti canai + teh tarik with other countries.... that's absolutely moronic.

Anonymous said...

56/180 ...sikit sikit malu saja ,
kemaluan kecil saja !

Crankster said...

Antares - sometimes, I want to get the traffic update. And to be honest, some of the DJs actually are interesting to listen to. It's just the newsbits that are pure an@l.

Zewt - I remember that. They're a funny bunch, but that sort of crap they were spewing just made me roll my eyes in disgust.

LOL Anon. :)

Unknown said...

Hi dearie

Thanks for the link to my post.

Love your witty responses to Antares, Zewt and Anonymous...I also listen to the radio while driving but I guess the age gap would mean mine is at Light and Easy while yours is more upbeat.

Take care and have a nice day!

hugs

Crankster said...

MWS - I hate to disappoint you, but I'm a somewhat hardcore Light & Easy (or LiteFM, as it is known these days) listener. :)

I know I probably need counselling and psychotherapy, but I dig the kind of music they play and not the hip, more current music of "my time".

I particularly like the Lite Breakfast with the topics to be discussed/debated. It makes my morning drive that much more pleasant and intellectually stimulating (considering that I may be out of bed, but not necessarily AWAKE).

Except of course, when some pro-govt bull-sh!t shows up unexpectedly.

Anonymous said...

without the FMs , NOT able to bring back my sweet&sour oldie memories :
'send me the pillow dat u dream on',
'devoted to u ' .....but belum dapat:
'master Jack', 'single girl',
'music maker', 'a 2nd hand love' ...
pls...pls...DJs , play those songs 4 me !!