Pages

Wednesday 3 March 2010

We Want Freedom


If you are one of those sad souls who course through the Federal highway everyday like I do to get to work, you may have seen this billboard.

"WE WANT FREEDOM!" it proclaims.

So of course, it got my attention. But it doesn't say much more.

The ad is on the Malaysiakini website as well, so I clicked on it. This is what the site says:

You are a true free spirit.
You have the ability and the courage to transcend
the forces that try to shape you

Individuality is a noble aspiration.
Express yourself.

Find out more on 15th March.

Now I'm really curious. Is it political in nature? Radical activism? Or some commercial ploy to attract attention?

6 comments:

Starmandala said...

Fleedom ah? I oso wan. How much ah?

Donplaypuks® said...

Probably a new shampoo launch ad for itchy scalp!

Sudah potong?

dpp
We are all of 1 race, the Human Race

Crankster said...

Antares - dunno lah! Find out on 15 March I think.

DPP - I'd be so disappointed if it was one of those that I'd boycott their products for the next few years!

Walski69 said...

Hi Crankster - dunno what they're launching, but I did a bit of digging around, and it probably is for this organization.

By digging around, I did a WHOIS search on the domain, and found the company it's registered to.

Sorry to burst your bubble - as much as I too would like more freedom in this country, Zul Noordin getting the boot notwithstanding, it'll be a long, long time yet before that will ever happen.

This is, however, a very cool agency, and have been handling the promotion of Citizen Nades book "Some Untold Stories".

Oh, by the way - the date has been changed to March 22nd now... guess we'll have to wait till then!

Crankster said...

Walski - thanks for the info! :-)

Crankster said...

It was a friggin' razor ad!!!! Schick.