Pages

Friday 22 February 2019

Start-Up of the Day: Hello Gold

Hello Gold markets itself as a medium for the man on the street to start saving by buying gold.

It is, indeed, accessible if you have a smart phone and you download the app and load some money in it.


I am not convinced it is a great method for saving money as gold prices can fluctuate rather erratically.

But I do personally invest in gold, and do so because of the current economic climate.

I expect gold prices to reduce in the foreseeable future and so, haven't been buying gold in any huge quantities, but I buy when the demand is low because that is when the prices are also low.

That being said, there are fees involved, such as buying and selling fees and even an administrative fee, so go into it with eyes wide open.

This company buys the gold on my behalf and stores it physically so that one day, should I wish to sell it off or have it delivered to my house (for a fee), that option is possible.

These guys have recently even ventured to Africa, where most of the gold is mined from.

I think gold might become an important asset in the foreseeable future, and so it makes the list of my start-ups of the day.

Talented Malaysians of the day: Robin Lee and Ridwan Abdullah.

No comments: